Coaches & Umpires Expo
Cooperstown Youth Coaches Expo
Training & Development Clinic
With Paul Benzer
DATE and TIME: September 3, 2011 at 4:00pm
WHO: Managers and Coaches
WHAT TO BRING: Manager and Coaches bring an open mind to learn. This is an interactive training workshop.
Coaching for Excellence:
- Understanding of how to create a successful learning environment for young players!
- Building relationships with player
- How to set team goals and individual goal that support the team.
- Team building exercises and games that help build a winning team.
- Organizing practice plans that produce results
- Weekly practice plan built around skills matrix
- Coaching philosophy and Technical skills
- Fundamental approach to Hitting
- Fundamental Fielding and Throwing
- Drills series to support fundamental skills
- Ownership in practice planning and implementation
- Understanding in coaching philosophy and technical skills
- Understanding of how to teach fundamental approach to: Hitting, Fielding and Throwing Mechanics,
- Understanding in drill series, purpose and expectations
- Clear Awareness of how to set expectations for parents & players!
With over 25years of continuous baseball experience, Paul "Bucket" Benzer involvement as a player, coach, manager, and professional instructor has spanned from local youth leagues to high school and national elite programs. In1997 Coach Benzer started the Fundamental Baseball Academy in Portland, Oregon - a program that provided personal development and coaching clinics for teams and coaches alike. After relocating to the Bay Area, Coach Benzer was hired by Starmaker Sports in 1999 as Director of Baseball Development where he coordinated coach and player development clinics targeted for the youth and high school levels. Coach Benzer has a list of national championships starting with the Oregon Jr. State Championship in 2000, an AAU National Championship in 2004, a USA baseball Junior Olympic championship and the World Wood Bat Championship both coming in 2005. Coach Benzer is currently serving as the Team USA regional team manager for 2009. For the past nine years Coach Benzer has coordinated appearances for nine different groups of competitive youth ball clubs in the annual tournaments held in Cooperstown, New York. Paul's accolades grew in 2009 when Team Rawlings of California won the championship in Cooperstown with a 11-0 record. That team hit an astonishing 56 home runs, and batted .520 for the week of the tournament. Paul currently resides in Livermore, CA with his beloved wife Karen. Paul and Karen have three children Jamie, Brett, and Kelly.
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER DATE